But not every moment was romantic like we envisioned. Toddler's cried and some didn't eat. More than a few kids fell down in the dark and I think every parent pleaded the phrase, "don't touch the Poison Oak!" at least 25 times. But there was something magical in the simplicity of the night. While other families were home watching TV, we were after something a little bit different. Something with adventure. Something with a challenge and a little more excitement. And perhaps being in Mother Nature on Mother's Day felt a little more real as well. Someday when I look back at my first few years as a mother, oh I hope I'll remember waking up with a sore back and Little Butterfly in my arms, opening her bright eyes and announcing, "I'm in a tent! I hear birds! I see trees!"
Mother's Day In Mother Nature
But not every moment was romantic like we envisioned. Toddler's cried and some didn't eat. More than a few kids fell down in the dark and I think every parent pleaded the phrase, "don't touch the Poison Oak!" at least 25 times. But there was something magical in the simplicity of the night. While other families were home watching TV, we were after something a little bit different. Something with adventure. Something with a challenge and a little more excitement. And perhaps being in Mother Nature on Mother's Day felt a little more real as well. Someday when I look back at my first few years as a mother, oh I hope I'll remember waking up with a sore back and Little Butterfly in my arms, opening her bright eyes and announcing, "I'm in a tent! I hear birds! I see trees!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The story you tell makes me laugh (my wonderfully talented writer, daughter) & I think of what wonderful memories that you & Siva have created on this Mother's Day. Continue to enjoy life as you always do. Love you!!
Thank you, mommy dearest! Yes, we wouldn't love camping without you and dad's influence. :)
Post a Comment