I’m just easing my 1 year old into his crib, caressing his cheek while his eyes slowly close when...
“Mom! Help me blow bubbles. Please, please, please, please!” my four year old shouts from the bottom of the stairs. Her voice carries up the staircase as if she was standing right next to us with a microphone. The baby’s eyes open, and his face quickly turns from peaceful and dream-like to bright with curiosity. I could almost hear his thoughts: why sleep when there are bubbles to chase around and pop with my fun sister?
“It’s time to rest,” I remind him, feeling a touch panicked that nap time was already over. I gently close the door and hear his soft cry, hurrying downstairs to find my oldest blowing bubbles in the house, splats of slippery soapy bubbles hitting nearly everything in the room. Dragging the bottle of bubbles and wands to our porch, I hear an alert on my phone:
I click on my bright purple Cocoon Cam app, and watch him through the video baby monitor. My baby is completely alert with his big eyes open, standing up in his crib and crying. I’ve grown to appreciate these new featured alerts so that I don’t need to continuously open the App to check on my baby’s sleeping status.
As I make my way upstairs to comfort him, I get another alert:
Low moment detected

When I click on my Cocoon Cam App to monitor baby breathing, I see clearly that he’s sleeping on his tummy and perfectly fine, his respiration projected on the screen. I do a little happy dance on the stairs, which slightly resembles The Elaine Dance with the thumbs and little kicks.
I catch my 4 year old smiling at my dancing with the bubble wand in her mouth.
“Are you eating the bubbles?” I ask her, feeling a little panicked again.
Parenting sometimes feels like a series of joy-filled moments with little blips of panic that creep in. Luckily for this mama of two, Cocoon Cam really is the best baby monitor, and makes the juggling act so much easier.
Cocoon Cam is the first ever baby monitor that can track a baby's respiration without any wearables. To learn more visit Cocooncam.com
No comments:
Post a Comment