Lately Little Butterfly wants to be part of anything that involves water. She's up to two baths a day (I can only refuse up to thirty times until she eventually wears me down), and she's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to water-related geographic terms. She can identify a rapid, creek, ocean, river, lake, and beach without batting an eyelash. Plus she's washed everything in the sink from a costume necklace to a stuffed monkey. So her grandma and I decided it was high time she had her own drying rack to hang her loot of washed items. This way she can wash and dry as she pleases. We've also added a weekly rhythm of washing placemats each Wednesday. It's her new favorite day of the week.
Over the New Year we decided to take a day trip to the ocean. Little Butterfly went running to the beach like a plate of Christmas cookies was waiting for her at the end. She was in her element, I tell you. She dug her hands and feet in the sand without a fear of getting dirty, and sat quietly watching the waves in her usual contemplative nature. She even picked up a dead sand crab with a genuine curiosity. Brave little thing.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year!
2 comments:
Great post!
i miss this little girl so much. i love these posts that make me feel closer to you all. *hugs and smooches*
Post a Comment