Today we ventured over to a pancake breakfast held at the firehouse, to celebrate the brave firefighters in our local community. There was a huge turnout, and lots to do including CPR training, firehose activities for the kids, and exciting demos performed by the firefighters themselves. Watching the skill of the firefighters, particularly a woman firefighter who led most of the "saving" demos was especially captivating.
For an almost 2 year old, it was a little overwhelming.
"Look up!" I said to Little Butterfly. "There are fireman repelling down the building!"
She was far too busy admiring a little girl's shoes nearby. Pink sneakers! Or placing her hands in the water. It came from a hose! Wow, a brown leaf over there!
"Look down," she seemed to say, "There is great joy in the every day too."



2 comments:
Your post is great! I love your perspective on Leena! I also just love your blog's name, so soft and gentle!
Thank you Nande!! I really appreciate your thoughtful comment.
Post a Comment