I wish I were clever enough to answer all of your questions. So instead, I'd like to invite her to discover and explore her questions a bit further on her own. Recently, I've been setting up mini "invitations to play" in the morning, and after her nap. Sometimes this means inviting her to explore sequins in many different shapes, sizes, and sparkle with a magnifying glass, or on a mirror. And others, it's inviting her to create something (a tower! a fairy house!) using open-ended materials. Little Butterfly also enjoys invitations with play dough and watercolors. She can play as long as she'd like, or not at all if she's up for it. No pressure. For now, it satisfies her need to create, touch, explore, and find out - but stay tuned!
An Invitation To Play
I wish I were clever enough to answer all of your questions. So instead, I'd like to invite her to discover and explore her questions a bit further on her own. Recently, I've been setting up mini "invitations to play" in the morning, and after her nap. Sometimes this means inviting her to explore sequins in many different shapes, sizes, and sparkle with a magnifying glass, or on a mirror. And others, it's inviting her to create something (a tower! a fairy house!) using open-ended materials. Little Butterfly also enjoys invitations with play dough and watercolors. She can play as long as she'd like, or not at all if she's up for it. No pressure. For now, it satisfies her need to create, touch, explore, and find out - but stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your butterfly is like curious George
Post a Comment