Pages

Summer Feet



I could have sworn I felt a distinct Autumn breeze not too long ago. As I walked with the stroller to the grocery store - a big gust of wind swept through my hair and danced between Little Butterfly's toes and had us both giggling as leaves shimmied down around us. It had me dreaming of pumpkins and golden trees and apple cobbler. Yet, summer isn't over yet and Little Butterfly has barely earned her summer feet (a friend tells me that these are the calloused, dirty feet you get after playing barefoot for months).

Between things like grocery lists and freelance deadlines that monopolize my brain and cause Little Butterfly to say things like, "Mommy, are you just thinkin' about somethin again?" - I did stash away a few summer activities I felt had to be checked off our list before I purchased my first Pumpkin Spice Latte. We managed to check most of them off these last few weeks (mostly while Baba was meeting President Obama!). Between kite flying, tree climbing, gardening, and wildflower picking - I'd say by the looks of her bathwater each evening we're doing summer proud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I know about Little Butterfly and her mama, she does every season proud! Great post, as always!

Jesse said...

Thanks seagull! Your thoughtful words always make me feel good!