Hey there, Jesse here! I am now blogging over at a new site called Weave In Wonder. It's the place where moms learn how to feel their happiest with meaningful self-care, respectful parenting & fun play ideas. Meet me over there!
<3
From Where I Sit
From where I sit
you're allowed to be you
and I'm allowed to be me
I can sit front row and watch
as you climb tree stumps in a huff,
or drag red bricks in the dirt,
and cry out, "yipee!"
I'll simply sit here
and smile
sipping my hibiscus tea
This is the place
for a hearty guffaw in your playhouse
or a shrill scream in your sandbox
and you can feel secure in the warmth of me
quietly observing you
in sweet reverie
There are days I want
to applaud
hoot and holler
jump up and down
while you discover that bird in a tree
But I'm learning
presence is enough
and it's a gift to you
that's free
In truth
I also discover
something while you play
it's you, my daughter
and that's the gift you give to me
-Mommy
8 comments:
This nearly brought tears to my eyes, Jesse!
Beautiful! I love your writing and gentle reminder.
I'm going to print this out and frame it! -I love the message and writing style. Well done, sis! :-)
beautiful, thank you.
I appreciate the thoughtful words, Carrie. :)
Thanks sissy. :) I'm so glad you liked it!
Thanks, Lisa. :)
That is so sweet to day, Sheena! Thank you.
Post a Comment