Pages

Resurrecting Dreams On Easter


Happy Easter to you all! We had a particularly wonderful Easter this year (excluding the fact that we aren't able to find the memory card for our good camera, so photography was done using a phone - eeks!). Little Butterfly awoke ecstatic to her first ever Easter basket, which was followed by an Easter egg hunt and brunch at our UU church, and a long nap of course.

Being a new momma, I've decided to adopt a few Easter traditions of our own this year. Being just like my own mom, we decided to go simple when it comes to Easter baskets. Just a few chocolates and jelly beans, a Spring bug collecting kit (she has a passion for bugs, that one), and some Easter stickers was all it took for Little Butterfly to smile from ear to ear. I also tucked in a few felted eggs we made with my favorite mama friends and their children. I love that we can decorate our nature table with them, and use them year after year. Here is a tutorial, if you're interested. 

I've always had a fondness for Easter, and hidden meaning behind the day. This year, I feel inspired to start fresh, and resurrect some old dreams that might have collected some dust. I'd like to think more seriously about entering a Masters program, as it's a lifelong goal I'd love to get a start on. I also dream about spending more time in nature, and imagine Little Butterfly with a journal nearby, drawing what inspires her out there. 

Friends, what old dreams would you like to resurrect this year? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

<3 Start your master's! Very exciting! Love the felt eggs tutorial!

Jesse said...

It's exciting to think about! Glad you liked the tutorial - have you tried felting??

Unknown said...

The easter eggs were beautiful and I am looking forward to hearing about what you start your masters in!